Wednesday 26 December 2012

Long to Reign Over us

We missed this yesterday - we were having a late lunch. 
Her Majesty speaks (again) of Jesus with clarity and humility. Long may she reign over us. 
"This is the time of year when we remember that God sent his only son 'to serve, not to be served'. He restored love and service to the centre of our lives in the person of Jesus Christ. 
"It is my prayer this Christmas Day that his example and teaching will continue to bring people together to give the best of themselves in the service of others. 
"The carol, In The Bleak Midwinter, ends by asking a question of all of us who know the Christmas story, of how God gave himself to us in humble service: 'What can I give him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb; if I were a wise man, I would do my part'. The carol gives the answer 'Yet what I can I give him - give my heart'. 
[FULL TEXT OF SPEECH HERE]

No comments: